The word “rust” usually doesn’t make anyone think of warm, fuzzy thoughts, especially if it involves your home. If rust-colored stains are common in your toilets, sinks, and tubs, you might be dealing with an iron issue in your water.
What Will Iron Do?
Although iron in your water is not a health concern, it can cause some annoying and embarrassing symptoms around your home. For example:
- Your water may come out of the faucet brown
- Even if your water is clear, iron may be present in a dissolved state and stain your fixtures and laundry as it dries and becomes exposed to air
- It can build-up inside and clog your plumbing
- Your water might taste metallic, along with all the food cooked in it
- Certain bacterias feed off of iron and will create a smelly slime in toilet tanks and other places that store water
Testing And Treatment
If you are sick of scrubbing rust stains or being embarrassed by the way your water looks or tastes, it’s time to consider a filtration system. Whole-home filters can provide protection wherever water is used without any work on your part.
Our Ion Pro® Air Filters are designed specifically for iron removal. As it passes through the air chamber at the top of the tank, any iron that is dissolved in your water is oxidized and changed into a particle. These particles are then easily trapped by the filtration media and clean water is ready to flow to your home.
The Ion Pro Air Filter is also equipped with a patented technology called “Inch Worm” When the filter starts to release air, it does so little by little instead of one big rush to prevent the drain line from trashing around.
If you suspect you have high amounts of iron in your home, contact us today about testing your water. The Ion Pro Air Iron filter puts an end to rust colored stains to improve the vibrancy of your home and preserve the life of your plumbing fixtures and appliances.