Juturna Water Filters Georgia
Ultraviolet Water Purification
Ultraviolet Water Purification light is a form of light that is invisible to the human eye.
Specific wavelengths, between 200 and 300 nanometers, are categorized as germicidal-meaning they eliminate bacteria and viruses.
UV water purification is a colorless, tasteless, chemical-free way to ensure your water is safe from microorganisms that can make you sick.
Ultra violet disinfection is proven to kill 99.99% of bacteria and viruses present in your tap or well water.
How Does a UV Light System Work?
Water is purified while flowing through a watertight chamber that contains an ultraviolet lamp. The germicidal energy of ultraviolet light destroys illness-causing microorganisms by attacking their DNA. Once the DNA structure is broken down, their ability to reproduce is eliminated and the organisms die. Ultraviolet Water Purification does not eliminate sediment, particulates, or other minerals. A slower flow rate will result in a higher UV dose. The longer the chamber and the longer the water stays in contact with the UV lamp, the higher the dose.
Advantages of a UV Light System:
- UV does not create carcinogenic disinfection by-products.
- UV purification is an extremely effective way to disinfect water that enters the home without the fear of overdosing the system with harmful chemicals, like chlorine.
- This system eliminates common bacteria and viruses such as E. coli, cryptosporidium, giardia, and chlorine-resistant protozoa.
- The UV lights use a small amount of energy so the bulbs only need to be replaced once a year.
- This type of system enhances the use of other water treatment systems by keeping them free of germs.
- Juturna provides products from VIQUA, the world’s largest supplier of residential and commercial UV water disinfection systems.